Power BI is a new age business analytics tool that is created to provide interactive visualizations and business intelligence services using a very simple interface that can be easily understood and operated by the users. The main aim of this tool is to increase customer interaction and enhance the quality of services provided.
It provides cloud BI services that offer a variety of functions along with a desktop interface. It has a data warehousing element that offers interactive services such as data presentation and data discovery. The first power BI version was released by Microsoft on July 11, 2011. In 2016, Microsoft released an additional service named Power BI service Embedded which was available on its Azure cloud platform.
The key components of a Power BI system are;
- Power BI Desktop – desktop-based application, that works on PCs, laptops, etc.
- Power BI- Service – Uses SaaS (Software as a Service).
- Power BI Mobile apps – Used as apps available for Android and iOS devices.
- Power BI Gateway – Uses Gateways or channels to sync data in or out of the BI.
- Power BI Report Server – on Premise Power BI reporting solutions.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a product offering enterprise resource planning and customer relationship management. It is a cloud-based business programme. It was released on November 1, 2016, as a part of the Microsoft Dynamics product. It is sold in enterprise edition- this edition is used for large size organizations and enterprises.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 has the following key features and applications.
- Customer services
- Human Resources
- Finance and operations
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Business central
- Mixed reality
Big companies such as Microsoft itself use the Customer Services module.
- Accessibility in Power BI: Power BI is committed to a variety of accessibility standards.
- Creating accessible reports: To create Power BI reports that are to be viewed by many people of different skill sets, there are different accessibility features available to choose from. It also provides highlight areas and pointers that can enhance the quality of work. Accessibility tools can be used to provide a meaningful explanation of the report that is been constructed using Power BI accessibility tools.
Thus, by leveraging the features and benefits of Power BI and combining it with Microsoft Dynamics 365, you can easily ensure better customer interaction by improving the quality of services offered.